We ask our and community to send us questions. Then we ask that same community to answer those questions... Yeah, well, why make work for ourselves?!
First up, if you need specific information about sending nudes and sexts, check out the as well as your State or Territory’s section on the . Just remember that deciding to send a nude is YOUR choice and you should never feel pressured to do it, and you should never pressure anyone else to send one.
So the question is:
'How do you sext safely and respectfully?’
It’s a damn good question, and one that definitely needs to be talked about considering how often things can and do go wrong with sexting and nudes. Let’s see what our community had to say about it all…
- Ash I think ppl in a relationship should be able to decide for themselves what’s cool or not, I’d be cool for my partner to say “I miss you, send me some stuff for the spank bank!
- Jordan Be like – “Hey, how do you feel about sending/receiving nudes?” Your actions should be determined by what their response is. Have a conversation about it. Under no circumstances should you just send it without talking about it beforehand because unsolicited nudes are just obnoxious af.
- Joe The real question is: what’s the best way to ASK for nudes without sounding disrespectful.
- Ollie Communication. It’s always about communication. Have a talk about it, discuss whether or not it’d be something you and your partner could even try and if either of you isn’t comfortable just leave it at that and find other ways to have fun together.
- Natasha For a bit the pictures didn’t include my face. Took some trust building and stuff to do more. You don’t want to send it to someone who’s into revenge and holds grudges against others. And if the instincts say no, don’t do it.
- Helena Don’t include your face in it.
- Mitch Snapchat. Gone after 10 secs. If you screenshot someone’s nude, then you’re a piece of $hit.
- Emily If someone screenshots what they were viewing [a nude], then you have been notified of it and it’s up to you what you do about it. You might ask why they screenshot it or you might tell them to delete it. But at least you know. I just wouldn’t be sending anything incriminating anyway. Everything can be used against you. That’s the choice you make sending pictures.
Some good tips there. Open, honest communication is definitely key when asking for nudes or wanting to send stuff. And, tbh, keeping your face or any recognizable features out of your pics seems like a very smart move! For more information on sending nudes and sexts, check out the as well as your State or Territory’s section on the .