We have designed The Line website to be as inclusive as possible and have aimed to make it accessible to the widest possible audience, regardless of location, technology or ability.
This website aims to comply with Level AA of the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 developed by the World Wide Web Consortium (W3C).
If you experience any difficulties or have any accessibility feedback for us, please get in touch.
Watching and listening to videos
All videos produced by Our Watch have been captioned and are available with audio description where applicable.
The quick escape function is designed to quickly hide The Line website. Keyboard users can access the quick escape by returning to the top of the page and hitting the tab button once.
This website has been designed and optimised for mobile devices. We have tested it on a number of mobile devices and displays. The website will look different depending upon the type of device and its orientation (landscape or portrait mode).
Resizing text on this website
If you want to use your browser’s zoom function to increase the text size, try:
- Using your browser’s ‘View’ menu and selecting ‘Zoom’ or ‘Zoom in/out’
- Holding ‘Ctrl’ or ‘Command’ and pressing the ‘+’ (plus) or ‘-‘ (minus) keys.
Changing the colour scheme and contrast
Navigation using a screen reader
We have tried to maximise the ability to read this website with a screen reader. Visitors using recent versions of screen readers can navigate using the following keystrokes:
- Use ‘H’ to cycle forwards through the headings ‘Shift’ + ‘H’ to cycle backwards through the headings
- Use ‘1’ to navigate to the next level 1 heading (or a number between 1 and 6 to navigate to the next heading on this level)
- Use ‘Shift’ + ‘1’ to navigate to the previous level 1 heading (or a number between 1 and 6 to navigate to the previous heading on this level)
- Use ‘Insert’ + ‘F6’ to provide a list of all headings
Press the ‘Tab’ key to proceed through the links or ‘Shift’ + ‘Tab’ to cycle backwards through the links. Try ‘Insert’ + ‘F7’ to show a list of all links.